No, All payments must be electronically submitted through your online tenant portal.
Since we manage homes for hundreds of different homeowners, each homeowner may have a somewhat different standard for tenant selection. Generally, owners consider the following factors:
- Satisfactory credit history
- Monthly income about three times the monthly rental amount
- No outstanding judgments
- No past rental evictions
- Established history of credit since a past bankruptcy
- Employment verification
- Criminal record check
- Present and former landlord references
All properties are offered subject to the Federal Fair Housing Act which makes it illegal to advertise any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, country of national origin, handicap, or familial status.
All rental payments are due on the 1st of each month. Your rent must be received by 6:00pm EST on the 5th of each month.
No, our application process is not credit driven. However, you will have to meet the criteria listed above.
Acceptable forms of payment for monthly rent are ACH check, Paypal or Credit Card. TCS Management Group reserves the right to require certified funds if you exceed one NSF in any 15-month period.
There is no charge for our leasing staff to help you to find a home. If you decide to submit an application to rent one of our properties, there is a $50 charge for the credit and application background check.
- You need to earn 3 times the monthly rental. (Copies of check stubs may be requested.)
- You need 2 years verifiable employment, with no gaps longer than 2 weeks.
- You need 2 years verifiable rental history, with no 30-day late payments.
- Limit of 1 NSF check in prior 16-month rental history.
- No eviction in prior 36 months. (Letter of explanation required for all previous evictions.)
If you plan to stay in the unit after a roommate moves out, please contact our office so we can draw up new paperwork for you. If you have chosen a new roommate, they need to contact our office and complete an application as well as pay the $50 screening fee.
Only after screening and approval will they be added to the rental agreement/lease and be “legal” to live there.
Applications are usually processed within 48 hours.
Application fee is $50.00 per each applicant.
Unfortunately there are alot of people who will illegally duplicate a legitimate listing and repost it on a site like Craigslist and/or Facebook Marketplace. As a consumer, here are some tips to avoid a scam:
1. TCS Management will NEVER ask for cash. TCS Management requires “Move In Funds” to be certified (ie: Money Order or Cashier Checks).
2. TCS Management will schedule a showing of the property so that you can tour the interior of the property.
3. TCS Management employees will have an email ending in @tcsmgt.com.
4. To verify a listing or a showing, you can email email@example.com.
5. TCS Management requires an online application (this can be accessed through our website when viewing any featured rental listing).
6. TCS Management also requires its leases be signed digitally – we do not use “paper” leases.
7. TCS Management does not use Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to market a property – please ALWAYS verify advertised properties on these websites through TCS Management’s own website. Make sure the contact information is the same – if it is not, please use the contact information on TCS Management’s website.
8. All of TCS Management’s available properties are listed on our website under the Featured Rentals section – we highly recommend communicating through the contact forms our own website.
9. NEVER apply to a property before touring with an agent, unless there are unique circumstances.
10. If you are unsure about a listing, reach out in any of the following manners: Call 215-383-1439, then dial “0”; email firstname.lastname@example.org; visit our websites our featured rentals page.
For more information on rental scams in general:
Most Common Rental Scams and How to Avoid Them (zumper.com)
If it is determined a Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace listing is a scam, we ask for your help in reporting it to Craisgslist or Facebook as a scam.